Good Home lighting gives a subtle welcoming feeling while entering the room. And if you add a decorative touch, visitor’s or guest’s appreciation pour in. Decorative home products such as glass, paintings, art works, furniture and breathtaking kitchen decor need be well-lit so that they stand out from the rest of the room. You might have sometimes noticed the charm in an ordinary room. And in some other occasion, you may not get impressed by a beautiful and big room with many decor articles. The reason is – Lighting. So an essential element in Home Decoration is Lighting. Good Home Lighting gives us a positive energy and uplift our spirits. Your rooms can shine brightly with properly arranged artificial lighting. A home with out light or with dim light lacks color and depresses the spirit. Here are some cool ideas to make your home look brighter.
Lighting for an Inviting Living Room.
- Place the main source of light in the central sitting space. You can highlight the decorative pieces like paintings, art work, plants and show pieces
- If too much natural light is falling in while watching Television, it is difficult to see the screen. So you can place the light beside or behind the television.
- And make sure you get good light for reading.
- Use spot lights and soft halogens to highlight the art works and paintings.
- You can also try diffusion lighting system for mesmerizing effect.
Lighting for a beautiful Bedroom
- Use warm color tones and white light to create a relaxed and calm atmosphere in the room. You can add the lighting scheme depending on the mood and can vary from the twinkling fairy lights to garish neon lights.
- Mount bedside lights on the wall fixing them behind or try any other style.
- You can plan fun and decorative lights for children. For babies, go for a low-level lighting.
Ideas for Kitchen Lighting
- This is the place you spent your time preparing the food. A good pendent light will help in a general lighting. Employ task lighting in the areas like sink and the place where fridge, cooker and worktops. Good light is essential especially in the place where you chop vegetables.
- You can use mini fluorescent light under the wall units. They help spread a good level of light.
Lighting for Dining Area
- Make sure you choose a lighting that avoid casting shadows on plates. Task lighting is perfect for Dining Area. Use hanging lights and pendents instead of side lights. Illuminate the dining table from the top.
- Make use of Accent and Decorative lights. This lighting helps in enhancing the beauty of you tiles and paintings as well as give brightness to the ornamental style and design. Use task lighting for the mirrors. This helps in a big way to groom, shave and hair dressing.
If you are a beginner to the world of interior Home Lighting, you can browse and get an idea of the various lighting techniques. Lighting sets the mood of any room. Good lighting can convey warmth and intimacy. So use the room-by-room lighting ideas to create your desired mood with the help of light’s color and intensity.
Read more at Lighting Sale.